Sunday, October 19, 2008

new calling

ok, the last post should be labeled cruise. This is about my new calling. I've been called as Relief Society President in my ward. I got the call the day after we got home from our cruise. I'm sure glad it wasn't before. After the first couple weeks things settled down a bit, but now I've got lots of new assignments so anticipate being a lot busier. I wondered why me. My feeling is that I have experienced a lot of trials in the last 30 years and that I may have something to offer the sisters in these trying times we are heading into. I did a food order for a family that was blending two families and was able to sympathize because I've been there. It helped them to know I understood the challenges of ex-spouse problems, etc. So I'm still quilting and that was a concern of th sisters in my ward that are in our little church group. But we are going strong and they are making cute christmas table runners. I have decided that I would have to cut down some on my quilting, so have narrowed my quilting down to my absolute responsibilities. Then if I have time for something else, I'll be happy.

Well that kind of brings me up to date. I appreciate all my quilting friends who have been so supportive of me and have confidence that I can do this. Thanks you guys are great.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Judie - you will be a fab RS Pres! You go, girl!

Louise said...

Ditto on being a fab pres. You rock. Hey, you'll need your quilting therapy fix even more than ever. Let us know if we can ever be of service to you. We love ya. Louise and the knotts gals.